My distress books ☕

Monday, March 15, 2010 | |


The Nightside novels. My great salvation. My stress relief. These books are amazing. A story about the Nightside. A city in the heart of London. A square mile of Hell where it's always 3:00 am and the sun don't shine. Where myths and legends walk side by side where anything is on sale and usually for a price, most times your soul, but most time, someone else's. In this hell hole a P.I. named John Taylor strives in this world of damnation. He has a gift. A gift for finding things, a view of all 10 plaines of the world. He can see the world stretched farther than the 3 dimensions of comfort. These books are my stress relief. I read these books over and over again, just because I enjoy the story that's never perfect and always has millions of flaws, being able to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. This is the Nightside, where reality is nothing but a fly to be squashed. Where angels fight over it and an old testament creation holds rule over the city she built. Nothing is ever sane and time is running out. The Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat hold nothing on this book.

1 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Wow - I had never heard of these but they do sound good!