Fool - By Christopher Moore

Thursday, April 1, 2010 | |


Title: Fool
Author: Christopher Moore
Paperback: 352
Publisher: Harper Paperbacks; 1 Repritn Edition (February 23, 2010)
Genre: Satire

Synopsis: (from Goodreads)
"This is a bawdy tale. Herein you will find gratuitous shagging, murder, spanking, maiming, treason, and heretofore unexplored heights of vulgarity and profanity, as well as nontraditional grammar, split infinitives, and the odd wank . . . If that's the sort of thing you think you might enjoy, then you have happened upon the perfect story!"

My thoughts: Fool. My favorite book spit forth from the hands of the brilliant Christopher Moore. All of his books are amazingly funny and written well and this twist on the classic tale, King Lear, shows all his talent as a writer in one 352 page book. Fool is a somewhat older genre than my usual books, but I saw it, picked it up and it was awesome. I love this book with parts of the book going everywhere from kings to witches to the lovely fool. . .ghosts, witches, jesters and a rhyming head floating above a pot. I think Moore's imagination is pure genius, and for satire, he exceeds every expectation I ever had for a book.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

SNAPS

Rating: ✭✭✭✭✭
Would I read it again? Yes
Would I read more from this author? have been

Who should read this?
This book is for adult males. There is some swearing and sexual content, but it's an enjoyable book.

Next on the
TBR pile: The Schwa was here

0 comments: